Body recomposition is the process of changing your body composition. More specifically, it refers to losing body fat and gaining muscle at the same time. The goal of body recomposition is to end up with fat-free mass.
Losing body fat and gaining weight at the same time is extremely difficult. However, it can be done with a combination of smart training and strategic calorie cycling. In this article, we will lay out a body composition meal plan to help you nail the nutrition side of the equation.
The Best Body Recomposition Foods
In order to successfully follow a body composition meal plan for fat-free lean body mass, you need to know what foods to eat and stock your pantry with then. It is best to make use of basic, natural unprocessed foods. The following foods are considered by many to be superfoods because they will help you to both lose fat and enhance your muscle gain at the same time.
Avocados are in excellent form of healthy fats, including the all-important omega-3 fatty acids. These are essential for heart and digestive health. They also promote brain functioning, lower blood pressure and rid the body of toxins. Regarding muscle building, avocados are a surprisingly good source of protein, containing 18 different amino acids.
Quinoa provides a fantastic source of fiber, along with vitamin C and minerals. A single cup of cooked quinoa provides more than 20% of the RDA for fiber.
Increasing your fiber content will help you to lose weight by filling you up improving your bowel movements and filling your stomach.
Quinoa will also help you increase your protein intake, with 8 grams of protein in each cup.
Brussels sprouts are a nutrient-dense vegetable that is packed with goodness. Single-cup provides 3 grams of protein, along with all sorts of phytochemicals and minerals.
Salmon is another excellent source of Omega three fatty acids. This fish is also packed with protein, with 3 ounces providing you with a whopping 19 g. As well as being delicious and easy to eat, another reason to eat salmon regularly is that it contains a significant amount of vitamin D and is especially high in the amino acid tryptophan. As well as promoting muscle growth, tryptophan can help you to get to sleep at night.
Blueberries are a wonderful source of antioxidants to help water thin and promote post-workout recovery. The antioxidants that you get from the blueberries fight against the free radical damage that occurs to your muscle sales after a workout.
The Body Recomposition Meal Plan
This plan involves eating eight meals per day and about 2,500 calories per day.
- two scrambled eggs
- 1 cup of oatmeal with walnuts, blueberries, and almond milk
- Whey isolate protein drink with almond milk
- this meal will provide 560 cal, 15.5 grams of fat, 66 grams of carbs, 53 g of protein
- bowl of non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 ounce of almonds (approximately 25 almonds)
- this meal will provide you 190 cal, 20 grams of fat, 13 grams of carbs, 19 g of protein
- 5 to 7 ounces of grilled chicken
- two scrambled eggs
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 cup of cooked Brussels sprouts
- this meal will provide you with 716 cal, 21 grams of fat, 51 g of carbs, 79 g of protein
Meal Four: pre-workout meal
- beat ginger juice consisting of an orange, three Kayla leaves, an apple, a carrot, a beat, and an inch of peeled ginger.
- a cup of edamame
- this meal will provide you with 230 cal, 7 g of fat, 33 g of carbs, 14 g of protein
Meal Five: post-workout meal
- post-workout protein shake consisting of 1 cup of almond milk, a scoop of whey isolate protein powder, and a banana.
- This meal will provide you with 245 cal, 1 g of fat, 25 g of carbs, 35 g of protein
- a bowl of turkey chili
- half a cup of cottage cheese with blackberries
- this meal will provide you with 312 cal, 9 g of fat, 6 g of carbs, 45 g of protein
- 5 to 7 ounces of grilled salmon
- five egg whites
- one cup of spinach
- bean salad
- this meal will provide you with 521 cal, 17 g of fat, 28 g of carbs, 65 g of protein
- chocolate pudding poplar putting made with avocado, banana, unflavoured whey isolate protein powder, almond milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla extract
- this meal will provide 278 cal, 30 g of fat, 34 g of carbs, and 15 g of protein.
Body Composition Tips
- Monitor your daily calories and set calorie goals
- Set body composition goals.
- Eat 5-6 meals per day
- Focus on body fat percentage rather than scale weight
- Focus on eating complete protein such as skinless chicken breast
- East low GI carbohydrates like sweet potatoes
- Do HIIT workouts to increase your metabolic rate
- Drink water, beetroot juice, and black coffee.
- Do plenty of cardio for body composition.
- Aim for around 2,500 calories per day; avoid a chronic calorie deficit.
- Train with weights for the building of muscles.
- Get plenty of sleep and have rest days.
What are the benefits of avocados?
Avocados are a fantastic source of healthy fats. They are especially rich and omega-three fatty acids which are required by the body for a whole range of tasks. These include the promotion of cardiovascular health and efficient digestion. Avocados will also help you to remove toxins from your body.
Many people do not realize that avocados are also a very good source of protein. On average avocado contains 3 g of protein. It’s a good option for those trying to increase their protein intake for muscle gain.
What Are The Benefits Of Clean Eating?
Clean eating will make you a far healthier person. It will also help you to achieve a daily calorie deficit to lose weight. Clean eating involves cutting out all junk foods and minimizing your consumption of processed foods. This includes sugary carbohydrates. You should replace them with complex carbohydrates, and green vegetables. When you try hard to cut back on your sugar intake, you will be far less likely to cause severe fluctuations in your blood sugar levels that result in binge eating and rapid fat gain.
Clean eating will also ensure that the nutrients that are going into your body are being used to fuel it rather than slow it down. You will be dramatically increasing your intake of the vitamin C and minerals that your body needs to function optimally.
If your goal is lean muscle growth, you need to follow a clean eating plan.
What are the best exercises to achieve lean body mass?
The best exercises to achieve lean body mass are cardiovascular movements that burn the most amount of calories. Sprinting is a very good option, especially when done in a high-intensity interval training fashion. Long slow sessions on the treadmill, elliptical, and stair stepper can also be beneficial.
How many grams of protein should I eat each day?
You should consume between 1.2 and 1.7 g of protein per kilo of body weight. Read that intake evenly over 5 to 8 meals each day. To help get that protein into your body, I recommend using a whey protein powder.
Building muscle and losing fat at the same time is not an easy thing to do. The body recon meal plan outlined in this article is a proven strategy to achieve that goal. Stick with it for 12 weeks, being sure to train hard and get plenty of rest over that three-month period. By the end of it, you should be a far more muscular and leaner version of yourself.