Indentations on the buttocks – butt dents – are no fun. Fortunately, you can do something about them – apart from expensive surgery. A smart combination of nutrition and exercise can help you to get rid of butt dimples, while also reducing butt body fat. In this article, I’ll present 5 nutritional tips and 5 key exercises to help you get rid of indentations in the buttocks.
Nutrition to Reduce Butt Dents
In order to get rid of butt indentations, you should combine the right exercises with the proper healthy nutrition habits that will allow you to get rid of the cellulite that is covering your glutes. The following habits will help you to do that
Drink More Water
By increasing your water intake, you will be helping to prevent the fat gain that can contribute to increased levels of cellulite around your butt. Increased hydration will also help to remove toxins from the body that can be partially responsible for indentations on the skin. People who drink half a gallon or more of water every day tend to have smoother, firmer skin.
Make it your goal to drink half a gallon of water each day. Sip from a water bottle constantly and, if you feel hunger pangs coming on, drink a full glass of water to fill your stomach.
By creating a caloric deficit, you will be forcing your body to turn to stored body fat, including that on your butt, to provide its energy needs. Reduce your intake by 500 calories per day, and spread it out across your meals. You can achieve this goal by simply reducing your portion sizes and cutting out between-meal snacks.
As well as helping to build muscle, protein promotes weight loss. That is because it is a very filling nutrient. Have lean protein as the basis of every meal and you won’t feel hungry between meals. The healthy protein intake will also help you to develop a firm, athletic muscular butt, especially when you do exercises that are targeted toward that area of your body.
Reduce Processed Carbs
Processed carbohydrate foods represent empty nutrition. They are usually very high in sugars, healthy fats, preservatives, additives, flavorings, and other toxins that do not belong in your body. Reducing your intake of processed carbs is a key step toward getting rid of butt indentations.
Replace white bread with whole wheat, change out your sugary breakfast cereals with oatmeal and stop buying packaged meal foods.
Fiber will help to fill you up and will greatly improve your digestion. Increase your intake of fiber by eating more of the following foods:
- Brussels sprouts
5 Exercises to Remove Butt Dents
The following exercises are all designed to target your butt muscles. They will firm, tone, and tighten the butt so that indentations are smoothed out, leaving you with a firm, rounded rear end.
How To Do It:
- Stand in front of a bench or step that is 16-14 inches in height with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Step up onto the bench with your right foot, and then follow through with your left so that you are standing on the bench.
- Reverse the action, right foot first, to return to the floor.
- Repeat this movement in a fast smooth, continuous way to complete your time count.
- Do step-ups for 60 seconds.
How To Do It:
- Stand with your feet together and toes pointed outward. Place your hands on your hips.
- Jump your feet apart and drop down into a half squat position.
- Immediately jump the feedback together to return to a standing position. Be sure to maintain an upright for so throughout this movement.
- Continue to complete your time count.
- Do pop squats for 60 seconds.
How To Do It:
- Stand with your feet at shoulder distance apart and hands on hips.
- Take a big step forward with your left leg and drop down so the right knee almost touches the floor.
- Follow through with your left foot to take another step forward and again dropped the rear knee.
- Take five steps forward in this manner and then turn and return to the start position.
- Continue doing walking lunges – five steps forward and five steps back- for the required time count.
- Do walking lunges for 60 seconds.
Dumbbell Squat to Deadlift
How To Do It:
- Stand with your feet flat on the floor and fairly close together, holding light dumbbells in your hands at your sides.
- Hinge at the hips to descend into a parallel squat. Maintain a neutral spine position and look directly ahead as you do this.
- Shift your arms to a front position, with palms facing your body.
- Now stand up as if you were coming out of a deadlift.
- Move smoothly into the next repetition.
- Do the dumbbell squat to deadlift for 30 seconds.
How To Do It:
- Stand with your feet flat in a staggered position so that the right foot is forward on the left foot back, resting on the toe with the heel elevated. Have your arms at your sides in the runner’s position.
- Bend both knees to drop down into a bottom lunge position, where the rear knee is almost touching the ground.
- From this position, jump into the air and switch legs in midflight so that when you come down the left foot is forward and the right foot behind, resting on the toe.
- Continue this fluid action to complete your time count.
- Do jumping lunges for 30 seconds.
Perform these five exercises in a circuit where you do one after the other with no rest. Once you have completed the circuit rest for two minutes and then do it again. Build up to doing four sets of this circuit three times per week on alternative days.
In order to get rid of butt indentations, you need to work on removing cellulite, along with excess body fat stores, while also developing the glute muscles to make them firmer and tighter. Follow the plan outlined above for three months and you will see some pretty drastic improvements to your bottom line (pun intended).
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there treatment options to get rid of butt indentations?
Yes, there are treatment options to get rid of butt indentations. The most common treatment is to work on the body with lasers to remove cellulite. However, this may leave scars on body tissue.
Is it possible to remove cellulite?
It is not possible to get rid of all cellulite from your body. But it is possible to get rid of a large portion of it and produce muscles that are toned, tight, and athletic looking. The best way to do this is with the combination of a balanced diet and full range of motion sculpting and strengthening exercises.
What is cellulite?
Cellulite refers to the skin indentations, dents, and dimples that frequently occur on the hips, thighs, and buttocks of women. It also affects men but is more common among ladies.
Will massage help to remove butt indentations?
Massage may help to remove butt indentations by activating the connective tissue and helping to remove toxins that contribute to sacral dimples.